Pundit predicts Saint-Maximin ‘Unhappy’ as Newcastle manager news confirmed

The Newcastle United squad will be divided following the departure of Steve Bruce, according to Gabby Agbonlahor.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, the ex-Aston Villa and England attacker suggested the likes of Allan Saint-Maximin will be “sad” Bruce has left.

Newcastle confirmed last week (October 20) the 60-year-old had left the club after overseeing his 1000th game in his managerial career against Spurs.

Saint-Maximin posted on Twitter he would be “forever grateful” to Bruce for the contribution he made to his career.

Graeme Jones has been placed in interim charge and guided Newcastle to a 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace last weekend.

Asked how the Newcastle dressing room may have reacted to Bruce’s departure, Agbonlahor told Football Insider correspondent Connor Whitley: “It will be mixed.

“Whenever a manager leaves there’s always those going to be players who are sad and those that are happy. It depends on how much football you played under him.

“Players that didn’t play, the likes of Ryan Fraser, will be happy that he’s gone because he starts the next game.

“Players who he brought to the club and played under him will be unhappy, the likes of Saint-Maximin.

“You can tell by which players come out on their social media to recognise what the manager has done for them.

“I think it will be a mixture.

“Steve Bruce, I don’t think he’ll care now, to be honest. I think he’ll just go and relax, take a break and chill.”

Jones said in his pre-Chelsea press conference today (October 29) he has been given no guarantees he will stay in charge against Brighton next week.

The 51-year-old did reveal he will likely stay at the club to work with whoever the new head coach is.

This article was originally posted here

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *