Club President Claims No Newcastle Offer For Teenage Midfielder

Last week it was reported that Newcastle were close to sealing a January move for Queens Park 16-year-old Reagan Thomson.

The original report said that Newcastle were close to agreeing on a compensation deal for the youngster who just turned 16 in August. The midfielder has made 8 appearances for the Scottish League Two club but only one of those as a starter in the league.

He has also recently made appearances for Scotland’s Under-17s, where Newcastle were said to have recently sent scouts to watch the lad.

However, Queens Park have come out and made statements contrary to the recent reporting that Newcastle are in talks for Thomson.

Queens Park president Gerry Crawley confirmed on Sunday that while there is interest in the 16-year-old midfielder, no official offers have been made for the Scottish youngster.

“We know that Reagan is being watched by a lot of teams, some of those in England.

“We are aware of the speculation, but to date no offers have been made for his services.”

Newcastle have been linked with a few teenagers over the past number of months. Rochdale’s 17-year-old right-back Luke Matheson and Heart’s 17-year-old left-back Aaron Hickey are a couple along with Thomson that Newcastle have reportedly sent scouts to watch.

We hope that Newcastle will bring in one or two to bolster the Academy with some promising talent. Reagan Thomson seems to be one that Newcastle could get to Tyneside for a reasonable fee.

This article was originally posted here