Hatem Ben Arfa posted a statement online that has been picked up by the Daily Mail. The statement from Ben Arfa gives his reason for not joining a club this summer.
We did a report earlier today as to what Ben Arfa’s options were. However, we were incorrect that he could not sign for a league whose transfer window closed yesterday. Hatem can still sign for one of those clubs as long as they have an available squad spot since he is a free agent.
Though that is not the case for Jack Colback, Jamie Sterry, or Henri Saivet who must remain at Newcastle, or join one of the clubs whose transfer window is still open.
These are the transfer windows that are still open:
- UAE Pro League is open until September 30th.
- Portuguese Premeira Liga is open until September 21st.
- Russian Premier League is open until Friday.
- The Bulgarian and Romanian windows are open until Sunday.
- The Australian A-League starts play in October and their window closes on October 15th.
It does not look like Hatem is too bothered about not finding a club as his statement was brief but reeked of hubris.
This statement translates to:
“No challenge that has been proposed to me has excited me.
“It’s like with a woman, if she does not excite you, skip it my brother”
Hatem Ben Arfa is now 32-years-old. It would be sad if this is how his promising career ends. But really won’t be too surprising.
This article was originally posted here