Joelinton has said goodbye to his team-mates at Hoffenheim ahead of completing a move to Newcastle United, according to Sky in Germany.
Sky Sports journalist Dharmesh Sheth brought the update on Sky Sports News on Friday, adding that advanced talks are taking place between the involved parties.
“Hoffenheim striker Joelinton has said goodbye to his team-mates according to Sky in Germany. Talks are at an advanced stage over a club-record £36million move to Newcastle United, Sheth said on Sky Sports News on Friday night [07:37pm].
Chronicle journalist Mark Douglas has recently claimed that Joelinton’s move to Newcastle might not be made official until next week.
He added that there have not been any hitches so far and the delay in the deal might be down to the club’s pre-season trip to China.
Joelinton’s move to Newcastle seems as though it is down to a matter of when and not if the transfer will be completed. Now that he has said his goodbyes to his soon-to-be-former Hoffenheim team-mates, the Brazilian is more than likely on his way to Tyneside to put pen to paper on his deal. At the moment, most of Newcastle’s top-brass are out in China and there is no doubt that Steve Bruce will want to talk with the 22-year-old before the paperwork for the deal is finalised. Bruce has not long arrived in China but him and everyone else at Newcastle should be back by the start of next week as their last game in the Far East takes place on Saturday against West Ham. Hopefully Joelinton can come straight into Newcastle’s pre-season training and get settled down before the new season kicks off. It is important that the Magpies get deals done as soon as possible now because they need to get players in and ready to start against Arsenal on the first day of the Premier League season.
This article was originally posted here